Thursday 10 May 2012

Avocado Dying and Textile Landscape's


I have dyed fabric before with Avocado and loved the results so tought i'd dye another batch 
here I have added my fabrics to the pot with  2 avocado skins  , just put the skins into pot and bring to the boil , reduce temp and add your fabrics . I have used cotton , linen, silks  and lace







love the deep colours , but they will be brighter when dry 

here you can see all peaches to pinks 

I love the way they turn out , uneven colour , and the different shades on the different fabrics 
One of my textile hearts made from avocado skins   first batch 
some more of my landscape textiles 
detail view 

textile landscape


1 comment:

  1. This is a Must-Do for me. The perfect, beautiful pink that comes from this dye is astonishing. Who woulda thought? Thanks so much. Anni/Handgathered

    ReplyDelete