Thursday 23 February 2012

Textile art

Here are  some of my Tea Time inspired textiles 

Anyone for coffee

My lovely vintage sewing machine which i love given to me from my husbands father who can remember his mother and his grand mother sewing on it , not alone does it takes pride of place in our 'Library'
sounds posh but really its just a hallway that holds all my lovelys and a book self. Oh and a really nice seat but thats for another day.

but yes i think it is a lovely piece to be shown in any home not just hidden away 

Anyway back to what this blog is about  Art and Textiles , this is my lovely' Ivy'

as you can see all different textures and even some copper stitched ivy leaves 

and here is 'A Stitch in Time'  detail




I do love this , there s not many of my pieces  that I can say that about , I am my biggest critic but I enjoyed making this one , of course it was inspired from my vintage machine , but as I was making it , lovely memories of days sitting at the end of my mothers machine watching her make just about everything on that machine . There are layers of different fabrics on there to repersent years of making , all dyed to give a sepia colour , and each button repersents each child in the family (wait for it 13 children ) and 2 for my mammy and daddy . I entered this into the rds crafts compition last year but alass it got through the first round and on further but never mind , I get to see it every day as it hangs in my place of work , The Crafty Fox in Drogheda , a beautiful shop with Fabrics , buttons , beads  you name it we have it .

any one for tea 

seascape inspired textile hearts






so there you have it for now  till next time 

No comments:

Post a Comment