Tuesday 21 February 2012

Creative Path








After years of been a dressmaker I decided that a change was needed, so I went back to college and did an art course. So as you can imagine my creative juices started to flow and flow, so much so i could hardly sleep some nights. I did 3 years in the college and did many modules on the course, painting ,mixed media , metal work and computers to name but a few.So I would say that this time in college gave me the inspiration to follow a creative path. Here are some of my early pieces from those days.


This was my largest piece, I made the frame in my woodwork class and then stretched the canvas and glue sized. Then it was ready for painting and this was the result , not a real place just an image in my head  ,  dont ask.  
This was a study of water and also turned out to be my abstract piece.

My dog Lucy  she had to stay still for this one 

Ye  was worked from a photograph 
This is one of my land scapes , again not a real place just in my head ,
I do take a lot of inspiration from the views from my home 

Hanging in my living room


And I  havent even touched on textiles yet 

No comments:

Post a Comment