Thursday 5 July 2012

Organic Melody

So I did say I had new work.  I have been working on this one for a while , its quite big  3 panels each 3.5ft by 1ft .
In this piece I used silks, linens, cotton, lace, buttons, beads and paint.
I called it Organic Melody ,  dont ask me , it just came into my head one day as I was happly sewing away.
I entered it into the RDS show but no luck this year , but never mind I will enjoy looking at this on for a while ,
so hope you enjoy these photos










Untill next time

Eileen 

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I have just discovered your blog via facebook and Breda. This piece of work is just gorgeous, I love the way you have incorporated lots of texture using lace and fabrics. jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne , yes I love the lace parts , would you believe I bought that lace in Austraila and lots of the linen and silks are all recycled from clothing. I find it really hard to find good linen which I love using in my work and could nt resist that lace when I seen it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pieces..pieces of work. I love that you've shown lots of photos so that the scale can be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh thank you Jackie a lot of work went into this one

    ReplyDelete